Sex: Female

Age: 2 years

DOB: 07/05/2018

Case No. 21-00-208


Sex: Female

Age: 1 year

DOB: 01/27/2020

Case No. 21-00-209

Children under 18 years of age



You are hereby notified that a Petition seeking to terminate your parental rights to the above-named children was filed in the Juvenile Court of Murray County, Georgia, on June 2, 2021. The ground for termination is that the children are dependent under O.C.G.A. 15-11-2 and O.C.G.A. 15-11-310. A copy of the Petition may be obtained from the office of the Clerk of the Murray County Juvenile Court, located at the Annex Building, 121 N 4th Ave., Chatsworth, Murray County, Georgia.

You are hereby notified that you are required to appear before the Juvenile Court of Murray County, Georgia, in Chatsworth, Georgia, on the 24th day of August, 2021, at 1:30 p.m. for a final hearing should you desire to contest the petition. If you fail to appear, the court can terminate your rights in your absence. If the court at the trial finds that the facts set out in the petition to terminate parental rights are true and that termination of your rights will serve the best interests of your children, the court can enter a judgment ending your parental rights to your children. If the judgment terminates your parental rights, you will no longer have any rights to your children. This means that you will not have the right to visit, contact, or have any custody of your children or make any decisions affecting your children or your children's earnings of property. Your children will be legally freed to be adopted by someone else. Even if your parental rights are terminated: (1) You will be responsible for providing financial support (child support) payments for your children's care unless and until your children are adopted; and (2) your children can still inherit from you unless and until your children are adopted.

This is a very serious matter. You should contact an attorney immediately so that you can be prepared for the court hearing. You have the right to hire an attorney and have them represent you. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, the court will appoint an attorney if the court finds that you are an indigent person. Whether or not you decide to hire an attorney, you have the right to attend the hearing of your case, to call witnesses on your behalf, and to question those witnesses brought against you. If you have any questions concerning this notice, you may call the Clerk's Office at (706) 517-1400 to speak to someone in the Clerk's office.

Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 15-11-283(c), notice is hereby given you may lose all rights to the above-captioned children and will not be entitled to object to the termination of parental rights unless within thirty (30) days of receipt of this notice you file with the court (1) a petition to legitimate the children; and (2) notice of the filing of the petition to legitimate with the court which this proceeding is pending.

Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 15-11-283(e), the court may enter an order terminating all your parental rights, including any right to object to such proceedings if you fail to file a timely petition to legitimate the children named herein; or if your petition to legitimate does not result in a court order finding that you are the legal father of the children named herein.

WITNESS the Honorable G. Jason Souther, Judge of said Court.

This 2nd day of June, 2021.

Alisha D. Scott, Clerk/Deputy Clerk

Murray County Juvenile Court


Posted 12/31/1969