Sex: Female

Age: 2 years

DOB: 12/09/2018

Case No. 20-00-204

A child under 18 years of age



TO: COREY SHOPE, JASON CAHILL and any unknown, unnamed father

You are hereby notified that a Petition seeking to terminate your parental rights to the above-named child was filed in the Juvenile Court of Murray County, Georgia. A provisional hearing was held and an Order subsequently was entered on October 6, 2020. The ground for termination is that the child is dependent under O.C.G.A. 15-11-2 and O.C.G.A. 15-11-310. A copy of the Petition may be obtained from the Office of the Clerk of the Murray County Juvenile Court, located at Annex Building, 121 N Fourth Ave., Chatsworth, GA 30705.

You are hereby notified that you are required to appear before the Juvenile Court of Murray County, Georgia, in Chatsworth, Georgia, on the 24th day of August, 2021, at 11 o'clock a.m., for a final hearing should you desire to contest the Petition. If you fail to appear, the court can terminate your rights in your absence. If the court at the trial finds that the facts set out in the petition to terminate parental rights are true and that termination of your rights will serve the best interests of your child, the court can enter a judgment ending your rights to your child. This means that you will not have the right to visit, contact, or have custody of your child or make any decisions affecting your child or your child's earnings of property. Your child will be legally freed to be adopted by someone else. Even if your parental rights are terminated: (1) You will still be responsible for providing financial support (child support) payments for your child's care unless and until your child is adopted; and (2) your child can still inherit from you unless and until your child is adopted. This is a very serious matter. You should contact an attorney immediately so that you can be prepared for the court hearing. You have the right to hire an attorney and have them represent you. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, the court will appoint an attorney if the court finds that you are an indigent person. Whether or not you decide to hire an attorney, you have the right to attend the hearing of your case, to call witnesses on your behalf, and to question those witnesses brought against you. If you have any questions concerning this notice, you may call the Clerk's Office at (706) 517-1400.

Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 15-11-283(c), notice is hereby given you may lose all rights to the above-captioned child and will not be entitled to object to the termination of your rights unless within thirty (30) days of receipt of this notice you file with the court (1) a petition to legitimate the child; and (2) notice of the filing of the petition to legitimate with the court in which this proceeding is pending. Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 15-11-283(e), the court may enter an order terminating all your parental rights, including any right to object hereafter to such proceedings if you fail to file a timely petition to legitimate the child named herein; or if your petition to legitimate does not result in a court order finding that you are the legal father of the child named herein.

WITNESS the Honorable G. Jason Souther, Judge of this Court.

This the 19th day of May, 2021.

Hilary Stanley, Clerk/Deputy Clerk

Murray County Juvenile Court


Posted 6/16/2021